What’s new in Final Cut Pro 10.5
Released November 12, 2020
- Improved performance and efficiency on Mac computers with Apple silicon.
- Accelerated machine learning analysis for Smart Conform using the Apple Neural Engine on Mac computers with Apple silicon.
- Option to create a copy of your library and automatically transcode media to ProRes Proxy or H.264 at various resolutions.
Final Cut Pro 10.5 also includes the following:
- Export HLG high-dynamic-range projects with Dolby Vision 8.4 metadata for optimized playback on Apple devices.
- Fixes an issue in which LUTs were not available in optimized or proxy clips.
- Improves appearance of HDR thumbnails in the browser and timeline.
- Improves reliability when previewing built-in sound effects in the browser.
- Fixes an issue in which audio waveforms would not update in the inspector after adding a filter or making a volume change.
- Fixes an issue in which chapter markers were not available when sharing.
- Improves reliability when creating proxy media from non-square pixel interlaced clips.
- Improves stability when applying stabilization and color balance during import.
- Fixes an issue in which audio sync could drift when retiming clips.
- Improves reliability with Social Media content positioning when using Smart Conform to switch between vertical and horizontal frame sizes.
- Improves reliability when using onscreen Crop controls in the viewer.
- Fixes an issue in which copying stills between libraries would result in duplicate files.
- Includes built-in support for Avid DNxHR® and Avid DNxHD® decoding and playback.